For our software factory based in the VEGA – VEnice GAteway for Science and Technology, we are looking for a system administrator to support our project teams.
The core activities for this position are:
- maintenance of our cloud platform and our internal hosting and the client’s application infrastructure;
- supporting our delivery teams;
- installing and maintaining applications and services on third parties cloud systems (including Amazon AWS).
- Italian and English language knowledge;
- knowledge of networking basics (example: TCP/IP, firewalls, DHCP, DNS);
- knowledge of Linux system administration (example: installation, shell scripting);
- available to travel to customer locations if needed;
- good team work skills;
- good troubleshooting skills;
- incline to learn new technologies and software;
- customer orientation.
- knowledge of web application servers: nginx, apache, tomcat, jboss;
- knowledge of technology stacks: PHP, Java;
- knowledge of installation and configuration of server software: MySQL, haproxy, postfix, vsftpd;
- knowledge of virtualization technologies: VMWare ESXi, VMWare vCenter;
- knowledge of monitoring software: nagios, munin, zabbix;
- knowledge of versioning and deployment tools: svn, git, jenkins;
- experience with operations on enterprise class hosting environments is considered a plus.
Candidates with no working experience could be considered for the position with a training-on-the-job program.