For our software factory based in the VEGA – VEnice GAteway for Science and Technology, we are looking for a system administrator to support our project teams.
The core activities for this position are:
- maintenance of our cloud platform and our internal hosting and the client’s application infrastructure;
- supporting our delivery teams;
- installing and maintaining applications and services on third parties cloud systems (including Amazon AWS).
- Italian and English language knowledge;
- knowledge of networking basics (example: TCP/IP, firewalls, DHCP, DNS);
- knowledge of Linux system administration (example: installation, shell scripting);
- available to travel to customer locations if needed;
- good team work skills;
- good troubleshooting skills;
- incline to learn new technologies and software;
- customer orientation.
- knowledge of web application servers: nginx, apache, tomcat, jboss;
- knowledge of technology stacks: PHP, Java;
- knowledge of installation and configuration of server software: MySQL, haproxy, postfix, vsftpd;
- knowledge of virtualization technologies: VMWare ESXi, VMWare vCenter;
- knowledge of monitoring software: nagios, munin, zabbix;
- knowledge of versioning and deployment tools: svn, git, jenkins;
- experience with operations on enterprise class hosting environments is considered a plus.
Candidates with no working experience could be considered for the position with a training-on-the-job program.
All information and data provided will be treated in compliance with the current Italian legislation on the processing of personal data.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org