For our software factory based in the VEGA – Venice Science and Technology Park, we are looking for a system administrator to support our project teams.
The core activities for this position are:
- Maintenance of our cloud platform, hosting internal and customer services
- Supporting our project teams
- Installing and maintaining customer services in third parties cloud systems (including Amazon EC2)
- Italian and English language knowledge
- Knowledge of networking basics (example: TCP/IP, firewalls, dhcp, DNS)
- Knowledge of basic Linux system administration (example: installation, shell scripting)
- Available to travel to customer locations if needed
- Good team work skills
- Incline to learn new technologies and products
- Customer orientation
- German language knowledge is considered a plus
- Knowledge of web application servers (Apache, NGinx and their modules) and stacks (Tomcat, JBoss, PHP5 FPM)
- Knowledge of installation and configuration of server services (postfix, bind, vsftpd)
Candidates with no working experience could be considered for the position with a training-on-the-job program.